Monday, May 31, 2010

My Birthday

Today was my birthday, and I did not give it much thought. I was HOPING I would either have a baby today or would have had my baby by today. Guess what? No baby!

We started the day by going to Ihop so that I could give Lilian some strawberry and banana french toast. Then we ended up going to Lowe's so that we could get some bird repellent. We tried to find the perfect size air filter for our apartment there, but they did not have the right size. Then we went to Home Depot and found them. While we were there, we decided to walk around the whole store to try to "Get the baby out!" A couple of the people working there noticed us walking around a whole bunch and that was the answer Robbie gave. Well, it seems that she's not ready to come out. There will be no way I can deliver her today since it is so late at this point. She's not going to be a May baby after all, and it's hard not to be disappointed. I didn't want to be a typical first time mother and go over the due date. It seems that most people that I KNOW have had their babies early. I'm obviously not one of them. It's getting more and more difficult to keep a positive attitude about the whole thing. Who am I kidding? My positive attitude is gone now. I'm starting to worry that I'm going to have to be induced and my hopes for a natural delivery will be out the window. There's no way I'm going to be able to handle Pitocin induced contractions without having an epidural. And why should I? Once that happens it won't be natural anymore-even if I do it without an epidural. I guess I'm getting to the point where I don't trust my body anymore. I still have no prelabor symptoms...unless you count moodiness, crampiness, and fatigue to be prelabor symptoms. I think it's just symptoms of being two days away from your due date. I think I'm so mopey today that I broke down and ate a Sonic coney and mozzarella sticks. I'm so bad. I haven't done anything right for the past few days....especially when it comes to food.

No comments:

Post a Comment