Thursday, May 27, 2010

39 Weeks 1 Day

Still no baby. Yesterday I had an exam and I am 40% effaced, almost 2 cm dilated, and the baby is at a -2 station. I've probably been this way for awhile and will probably be like this for awhile. Out of everyone around me, I may be the least eager to get her out. I'm feeling a little nervous about going through labor and delivery, especially since I am attempting this without medication. It's important to me to have a natural birth, and I know I will be disappointed if I end up needing medication. I'm just scared that I won't be strong enough to deal with labor. I included on my birth plan that if I ask for pain medications, that those around me will encourage me to try other methods of dealing first. I think that's what I'm afraid of. I won't necessarily want the medication, it'll just mean that I need more support or help dealing with it. It's weird; I'm not really scared that it's going to HURT, I'm scared that I won't make it without being overcome by it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have an uplifting birth story to be able to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment