Sunday, May 30, 2010

39 Weeks 4 Days

Last night I finally started feeling impatient with being pregnant. I've been pretending that I'm ready for my baby to come out for the sake of being nice to the well wishers that think it's funny to joke about it. With three days until my due date, I think I've done a great job being patient and sweet throughout this pregnancy. But in a snap, I got fiercely angry when I was trying to put away something in a low cabinet and it just popped right back out on the floor. It takes a great deal of effort to squat down to put something away. I can't bend over anymore, my legs are sore from carrying around 35 extra pounds, and my joints feel worse every day. I finally just had enough last night! I wanted to throw something and break it. Actually, I DID throw something, but it was only plastic and bouncy. No harm done. And I was able to go through this entire temper tantrum in the two minutes that Robbie stepped out of the room. I COULD have just pretended like nothing was wrong and gone back to being the sweet little pregnant lady I've been. However, my husband knows me better than that, and being the sweetheart that he is, he let me vent about being tired of being pregnant, and he helped me finish what I was trying to accomplish.

I'm also starting to have doubts that my body knows that it's supposed to be trying to get this baby out! I have absolutely NO prelabor symptoms. I don't even know if my baby has "dropped" yet. Isn't that supposed to happen two-four weeks before the baby is born in a first time mother? People say that I will definitely know when that happens. I don't. Even if it happened today, I don't know if I can handle two more weeks of this. Every day that she stays in there, I worry about her weight gain and my ability to get her out naturally. I feel like I'm in such a bad mood today, and I am finding it more difficult to maintain a positive and patient attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am glad I am a guy. I was watching this Family Channel Show called Kyle XY (totally non factual at all) and they were touting the theory that the longer a baby stays in the womb, the more developed the brain is and the smarter they become. So you could say that your baby is going to be above average intelligence, maybe even border line genius due to circumstances of not giving birth yet. :)

    Hope you pop the lid soon.

    ReplyDelete