Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I have the sweetest husband in the world who made this weekend one of the best we've had in awhile! Even though I'm not officially a mommy, he wanted to do something special for me. Apparently, he wanted to stop and pick up a Mother's Day present for me on his way home Friday, but he encountered some really bad traffic on the way home. I didn't know this until Saturday morning on our way to a church event. He wanted it to be a surprise, but he didn't want to have to spend any time away from me on Saturday. He loves me that much! :o)

After the church event, we went to Babies R Us and got the Fisher Price Newborn Rock N' Play Sleeper. I am SO excited about that, and I think that's the best Mother's Day present ever. That's not what he wanted to get me. He says, "It's for Lilian, not you. You need something for YOU." He wanted to get me one of those big fuzzy bath robes that I wanted for Christmas, but they're not selling them right now. We looked but couldn't find them.

He willingly went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant with me. :o) He's so sweet like that. I LOVE Mexican food, but he really doesn't. After that we went to Target and JC Penney in search of a bathrobe or something I could get as a present. My belly started getting really tight and uncomfortable so I needed to get home. We'd had a really long day of walking at that point and I just needed to get home. Even though I didn't get an "official" present for myself, I feel so loved! I had such a great time.

Today was great too. Robbie officially finished every little piece of the baby crib, and he put the sleeper together. We've put the bedding on the crib as well. As soon as I have everything exactly the way I want it in there, I will post pictures. I feel like I can finally start putting things in order in this apartment now that the crib is put together.

As far as I know, it appears that we have just about everything in order. Crib is built. Pediatrician is selected. We have about all the baby things we can handle. Now we wait. :o)

I didn't get to see my mom today, but I'm glad I was able to talk to her. I sent her a journal with questions for her to feel out. I think they're called, "Mom, I've been meaning to ask," or something like that. I sent one called, "Grandma, I've been meaning to ask, " as well from Lilian. I sent one of those to my Mawmaw for her birthday/Mother's Day. My mom really seemed to like her gifts, and she said Mawmaw liked hers too. I know my appreciation for my mom has increased since I've become pregnant. I know it will grow as I continue my journey as a mother. It's going to be quite the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment