Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Best Judgement

So I switched pediatricians. I went with the last one I consulted because she really sold me on her views on breast feeding. However, before I went there, I considered staying with the first person I consulted. I felt pretty strongly about staying with the first person. In my 37 weeks pregnant state, I decided to go with the person who mentioned they would be willing to help me with breast feeding if I needed it.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, we had a bit of a mold problem in our vents. It seems to be a common problem in a lot of apartments in the Houston area. While we were waiting for our ducts to be cleaned, I called the pediatrician's office to ask if I needed to worry about this. See, I'm a helpless parent of one of their patients. Of course I had to leave a message and wait for a call back. Not a problem.

One of the pediatricians in the practice, after several hours, called me back to say, "I don't know. I've never heard of that. Use your best judgement." What? Really?

I like to use my best judgement most of the time, but this was something that I couldn't find any information on which to base good judgement. I guess calling a doctor about it wasn't a very good move either.

So the very same day I called the first pediatrician and "repented." I am now very happy with the care Lily receives, and according to my best judgement, she's with a good place now.

No comments:

Post a Comment