Wednesday, August 3, 2011

C25K: Repeating week 5, Days 1 and 2

After last week kicking my behind so much, I came back from my final workout of that week feeling so defeated. I talked to my husband about this and how much this week was so hard for me, and he suggested I try the week again. He also said that he thought about doing each week twice so that he really conditions himself to run. I thought I would combine the two ideas and spend a week on day 1, a week on day 2, and a week on day 3. I know that's three extra weeks, but this is about a lifestyle change, right?

I've also been thinking about numbers a lot lately. I have a small fear of getting older and I have always put myself on a calendar of sorts. For example. I wanted to be married by the time I was 20. I wanted to have all my children by the time I was 30. Neither of those things happened. I got married at 25 and had my first baby at 27. Granted, I had just turned 27, but still. If I have all my kids (we're hoping for 3) 2 years apart like I'd like, then I'll have my last baby at 31. Merh. Besides that, I am terrified of my 30s. I just don't wanna do it! I feel like once I get to 30 I'll be old. That's it. Game over. It's not like I am the picture of hotness right now at 28, but at least it's not 30, right? My 30s really really really scare me. And let's not think about beyond my 30s.

Sigh.

Back to my original point, which I really don't know what it was anyway. I've been thinking about numbers. Why the timeline? Why worry about the numbers? I met a client the other day who is having a baby at 41. This is her 4th child. I'm in my childbearing years. I need to enjoy it as much as possible. I need to cherish every moment. This really is my favorite time of my life so far. I don't need to worry about my age. My body works, dadgummit! It really does! It's been so good to me so far, and it shows no signs of breaking down on me any time soon. (Knock on wood) So for a little while there, I did not worry about my age, deadlines, and numbers. I know I wanted to be down to 140 by Labor Day so we could start trying to conceive in September, but we don't HAVE to try to conceive in September. Maybe we shouldn't do that in September because Robbie has switched jobs. We want to make sure we can handle two children.

Day 1 and Day 2:

I did it!

I keep waiting for the point where this feels less like torture and more like something I can handle. I suppose I can handle it because I have been successful. However, when I am in the middle of it, I hate it. Then I have to remember how far I have come in such a short amount of time. I know I am only running 5 minutes at a time, but I have NEVER done that! Not in my entire life. Before I had Lily, I exercised on the elliptical machine and did a little weight training. I started to run on the track, but that was the week I found out I was pregnant. I promptly quit exercising! Plus the fatigue and nausea set it. There's something about knowing that I was pregnant that made me all of a sudden feel pregnant. By the second trimester I was back on the treadmill, but I was just walking. I definitely did not want to start any kind of running program halfway through my pregnancy.

I have one more day of this week, so I better do it!

Next week I will be in Denham Springs visiting family, so I will have to get a week guest pass to the 24 Hour Fitness that is at the end of the road. I am determined to complete this program, even if I have detours along the way.

Day 3:

Just kidding!

Yesterday I accidentally put on a pair of my "skinny" jeans thinking they were a different pair of jeans. When I put them on I noticed they were really long. Those weren't the jeans, but they fit anyway! Yay! So I went all day wearing some skinny jeans and showed my husband. He saw my smile and he said, "You better remember this smile because it PROVES you are making good progress!" What a sweetie.

So this morning I was really tired, but my husband kicked me out of bed. I went for my run and decided, "What the hey. I'll try day 2. No, just DO IT!" (Umm...Nike commercial anyone?) So.....I did it!

I'm going to do it again the day after tomorrow. I still plan to do Day 2 on Sunday, Day 3 on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday of next week even though I will be out of town.

As I was running my first 8 minute interval I noticed that I entered a zone for a few minutes. It was great! I hope that I learn how to stay in this zone for most of my runs pretty soon. I can't really describe the zone, but I could tell I was in another place. I have been waiting for this for the entire time and finally it happened today. I'm kinda thrilled right now.

Day 4:

I did it again! I completed day 2 for the second time. It felt a little more manageable, but it is still very hard. I am extra proud of myself because I am leaving today to go to my mom's house for the week. I am still determined to continue with my running while I am on vacation. We'll see how it works out.

Because I am most likely going to spend a lot of time on Day 3, which is run for 20 minutes straight) I am going to start a new post just for that endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment