Monday, July 11, 2011

C25K: Week 3

Day 1:

I did it! I can't believe it, but I did it! Today was hard because my body is still so very tired from attending two births on Saturday. I stayed up for nearly 24 hours straight and worked muscles I didn't know I had. Sunday, as always, was a rest day. Now it is Monday and I needed some extra motivation to get out there. I thought I should try to add another Week 2 day today, but I looked at what week 3 was all about. Start out with a brisk 5 minute walk as always. The workout: jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes, repeat that one more time. Have a cool down walk. Seems easy enough on paper. I thought I should just go ahead and try that because it seemed easier than week 2 somehow.

I made it to the gym and started. I was a little worried about the 3 minute jog intervals. I made it to the first one and it wasn't too bad! That made me feel like I could really do this. When I made it to the 3 minute jog interval the second time it was hard! I got one minute in and really really had to push myself. I did it though, and somehow, this day was easier than any day last week. I'm not sure why, but I won't complain. I have one more birth coming up any time, so I am just going to try to do this again tomorrow and get as many sessions in as I can before the mom goes into labor.

Day 2:

I did it! Mr. Negative Poopy Pants made an appearance today. He is putting a negative body image in my head. I was so happy and impressed with my body for giving birth, and I felt beautiful. Seems like now that I've started this plan, I am getting impatient. I want to see results NOW! I was tempted to weight myself today, but I was able to resist. I just want to feel accomplished that I completed today and not disappointed in myself that I haven't lost weight. I am sure I haven't lost any weight yet, well, because I never lose weight. My clothes fit the same. I'm still jiggly, but I feel good about myself for making it this far.

Day 3:

It is now 48 hours after, and I've already attempted Week 4 Day 1 today. It is hard for me to remember exactly how I felt after doing this day since so much has happened since then. All I know is I did it! I had a successful day! Woohoo!

After my workout, Robbie and I went to summer musical rehearsal at our church, then we went shopping at Target for awhile, and finally we sat down to lunch at Cracker Barrel. Poor Lily was tuckered out. We came home, put her in her crib, I grabbed a drink and a book, sat down for less than one minute when the phone rang. Seriously. One minute. It was a mom that needed me for a birth.

I left for the birth and made it home 12 hours later. I got about 4 hours sleep and then we went to church. After church I had a very lazy day. This morning I attempted week 4 day 1.......

No comments:

Post a Comment