Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm pregnant!!!!

For awhile I've kept a pregnancy blog so I would have somewhere to write what was going on with me until we were ready to announce the pregnancy. In the next few days I am going to switch over the entries from the other blog to this one so I only have one blog to manage.


9 Weeks 2 Days

Today I decided that I couldn't stand it anymore and I had to tell all about what is going on with me right now.

I'm pregnant!!!!!!!

However, I am keeping this blog private until I can announce to the world that Robbie and I are having a baby. We are waiting until the end of the first trimester when the risk of miscarriage goes down. We have already told a few people such as my parents, a few of my friends at school, and a few of his close friends. His family doesn't know at all, and it will be the most fun seeing how his mom reacts to the news!

I found out that I was pregnant on September 24th after responding to Robbie teasing me about being pregnant. For some reason he had been teasing me that he thought I was pregnant for days before that, and to finally prove him wrong, I took a test. Well....it turned out to be positive! I felt like such a little baby all of a sudden. How could I have a baby when I AM a baby?

I had a new patient orientation at St. Luke's on September 30, where I got to hear from one of the midwives. I am hoping to have a natural delivery, so I am seeing the midwives at the moment. I am scared to death of an epidural, but I'm also a big baby when it comes to pain. I am determined to do this at this point.

The very next day some scary things started happening to me. I think I might be one of those women that spot and bleed a little during pregnancy. I'm sure that's more than anyone wanted to know, but hey, these things happen. Since then, I have been spotting a little after certain activities, or any unusually hard day. It generally goes away quickly...so far....but I am still very worried that I may miscarry.

Except Wednesday of this week....was one of the best days I've ever had in my entire life. I had another ultrasound done and I saw our little gummy bear shaped baby move and wiggle!!! I could have cried, but instead I just giggled and cooed the whole time. The little heart rate was 171 bpm. That's so fast! I don't know if it's a GOOD heart rate at this point, but when I went in to see the midwife, she did not even perform a pelvic exam. She told me that I had a cute baby! The pics really turned out well-I think it's a little ham! They said it was, "so cute" and "so fat." We chatted for awhile and she explained some reasons that women bleed sometimes, which I hope are MY reasons. She felt my belly for tenderness, there wasn't any, and that was it. I smiled for the rest of the day.

Until last night when I bled a little again. Ugh...I think this is the story of my pregnancy so far. Robbie keeps telling me it's normal-at least normal for me.

But every time I think of that little wiggling baby I saw on the screen on Wednesday I get teary-eyed and smile!!!! I can't wait until Thanksgiving when we can announce to the world WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment