Wednesday, February 17, 2010

10 Weeks 2 Days

Here are pictures of our little gummy bear baby. We are so excited to be having this baby, and this was one of the neatest experiences of my life. I was so surprised to see it moving and wiggling already and I enjoyed being able to see a picture of the baby. It looks pretty clear for an ultrasound. I'm going to enjoy this for awhile because I won't have another opportunity to see the baby like this for many weeks. At that time we'll hopefully find out the gender of the baby! We decided to just go ahead and find out so that we know how to plan. Robbie hopes that it's a girl, and he really thinks that's what it will be. I also have a feeling it's going to be a girl, but my feelings about this are not as strong as Robbie's. I only want a healthy baby at this point.

We're trying to decide on baby names, and we've only talked about girl names so far. We've come up with Emily and Rebecca for first names, but we still have not decided. We thought it might be cute to name her Rebecca L. Keen so she would have the same initials as Robbie. We haven't decided what the "L" would stand for yet. We've tossed around Leigh and Leanne or some variation of that name. It's funny how we haven't even thought about boy names.

I'm going back and forth on my appetite at this point. I lost 1/2 a pound from my first visit to the second, so I am trying to eat a little more. Some days I feel great, but some days I don't. Today is an example of a day where I don't feel great, while yesterday I felt great! I still need to go to the bathroom a lot, especially at night. It leaves me feeling very tired every day even though I'm getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night. There's nothing like pregnancy to make sure I'm getting to bed on time!!! I haven't gotten this much sleep in years.

I passed my pre-recital jury yesterday, so I am definitely giving my recital on November 22nd. After that my friend Antonia is going to announce to the world that I'm pregnant. :-) A few days later we're going home for Thanksgiving and we'll tell Robbie's family. I'm so excited, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment