Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Help!!! Ideas for activities for an 18 Month Old????

I'll admit it. Sometimes Most of the time, I run out of ideas of things to do with Lily. Anything we try to do together, she gets bored really quickly or she has no interest in. She'll run off and do her own thing after a few minutes, so I take that as my cue to go run off and do my own thing. WRONG! She has a Mommy-is-doing-something radar, and as soon as I start a new activity, she tries to climb all over me. I'll be honest. As cute as it is that she wants my attention, it is kind of annoying that she won't play with me until I start doing something else. I'd really like to be able to play with her, so I looked up a few ideas on the internet. One idea that I really liked was making a necklace out of Cheerios. She loves necklaces! She loves Cheerios! She loves eating her necklaces...so...a necklace...that she can eat? Why, that sounds perfect!

All we needed was a bunch of Cheerios and a piece of string. Easy peasy.



As you can see, it's very hard to have a piece of string around our kitty, Rustie. She loves string! In this last picture, Lily has stolen a Cheerio to eat as Rustie is batting at the piece of string.

They were playing together and Lily was cracking up laughing until she saw me think about taking a video.

Finished necklace

This activity took a grand total of five minutes. Sigh. What activities do you like to do with your toddlers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment