Friday, September 2, 2011

C25K: Week 8

This week was sort of a boring week. The workout was to run for 28 minutes straight. Last week was 25 minutes, so the extra three minutes wasn't terrible. I did it!

I wish I had more to say about it. I think part of the reason that I did not take the time to blog each day was that it is starting to become a part of my day. It's just something I do now. The newness is wearing off, so that sometimes makes getting out and doing it a little hard. However, I like that there is a goal in mind. I have signed up for my first 5K, which is happening on Labor Day. I have two friends running this race with me, and I am excited to participate with them.

I nearly forgot! In the middle of this week, I had a doctor's appointment in which she told me I needed to take a week off. Um...no way! So I took three days off and called the doctor to beg her to let me run. She did! The first day back was tough, but I made it. I think that is a huge change, because three months ago I would have accepted any excuse not to run. Go me!

I'll try to do better for my final week at blogging every day. I'm going to have to cram that week into three days, so I can finish before race day. I can do it! Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment