Friday, October 1, 2010

Feelin' crafty

I like to crochet. A LOT. I don't get to very much anymore, which is okay. However, I get a hankerin' to do it sometimes. Below is a wrap style diaper cover that I crocheted without a pattern.

Diaper cover

Diaper cover in action

After trying it on her, I'm not quite satisfied with how useful it will be. I want to be able to come up with a design that will stay snug on her but won't be nearly impossible to put on her. I crocheted one back when I was pregnant with her that is nearly impossible to put on her though it works really well. Also, the pattern is not very cute. I suppose I should make more of the other kind for daily wear and a couple of the wrap style for "looks." We'll see how it goes. If I could ever grab some time to just sit and crochet one of these without being interrupted, it would take a few hours. However, this took several days and I even had moments where I was nursing a baby and crocheting at the same time. Now THAT is slow going! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'll miss this one day when my Lily Pilly is all grown up and doesn't need her mommy anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment