Saturday, May 12, 2012

Another visit home

Lily and I went to my mom's last week for several days so that I could perform with the Rapides Symphony for our last concert of the season. Lily always loves going to see Mimi and Pyran, and she's always just a little bit sad when it's time to come home. Of course if I got to do things like play in bubbles, I'd probably be sad about going home too.


Going to my mom's served a dual purpose this time. Robbie had his first ever business trip at the same time that I was supposed to play in the concert. Because I don't really like staying here all by myself, I decided to let my mommy take care of me. I also discovered that Lily gets all the chocolate milk that she wants from Mimi, so that could be one reason why she has such a great time over there. Plus they have a nice big yard and dogs and she gets to help out with all kind of activities such as washing trucks and playing in the garden.

In my last post I mentioned an opportunity that came my way that I was hopeful about. Try as I might, I couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't the right thing to do. I prayed and prayed, consulted with trusted people, and prayed some more. I secretly hoped that the family hated my guts so that I wouldn't have to make the decision that I knew that I was going to have to make if I was going to do the right thing. Unfortunately, I had to put on my big girl panties and do the right thing. After praying one more time, I had to let that opportunity go. As soon as I did that, I felt instant relief. I knew it was the right thing to do. Kinda sad, but right. I also felt that assurance that things will be okay and that other opportunities will come along.

In other news, I finally mailed of my DONA Birth Doula Certification packet. I'm so happy to have reached that stepping stone in my doula journey. It says in the packet to allow two months for processing, so hopefully in two months I'll be able to put the letters CD(DONA) after my name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment