Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our sick adventures

Two Fridays ago I finally made it to a workout session some ladies from church hold every Wednesday and Friday. I had been missing for a few weeks because of all the births that were happening at the end of February. I finally decided to do something fun for myself and attended a workout session. After it was over, I noticed one of the ladies start getting ready to make little fondant monkey faces for one of our other friends from church who was having a birthday party for her little girl. Ordinarily, I would have left shortly after the workout was over, but I was craving human interaction and sort of stuck around. I also really like these ladies, so I have been hoping for an excuse to hang out with them. I really am fascinated by their talent, so I stuck around in all sincerity, because I was truly impressed with the things they were able to do with fondant. I just couldn't believe it. I even got to help out a little bit. 


This was my first time ever to play with fondant. I made a few of the inner ears and a few of the faces. I am amazed at how clever they were to make the monkey faces out of a flower shaped cookie cutter. Neat!

While I was playing around in fondant and enjoying my time with these neat ladies, Robbie called to let me know he had gone home early. Poor thing didn't feel good at all. And finally this day, I admitted to these particular ladies that I had been looking for a reason to weasel my way into hanging out with them! :o)

After the monkey faces were done and on their way to their final destination, I decided I should go home and take care of my husband. After I made it home, we spent the rest of the day in the doctor's office and found out Robbie had the flu. I thought Lily and I were spared, so I ended up going to church by myself on Sunday.

Well, after Lily woke up from her nap on Sunday, she had a 102 fever and started throwing up. I wasn't feeling too great myself, but it was nothing compared to either Robbie or Lily. Poor baby and I spent the next few days being sick. This whole family was laid up!




The one good thing about Lily being sick, if there could ever be a good thing, is that she gets lots of mommy cuddles. As much as she could possibly want and then some. She would also fall asleep anywhere. I still can't get over the adorableness of a sleeping baby. It's also a time where I am glad that Lily hasn't weaned yet. I don't know what I would do without being able to comfort her at the breast.

At some point, I needed to steal away and indulge in a little hot chocolate to sooth my throat. Seriously. I really was using it to sooth my itchy throat. Nothing was working for me, so I decided to try something else hot. Since Lily ended up drinking my first cup of hot chocolate, I hid in the kitchen to have another for myself.


Finally Lily started to feel better and we were able to venture out. Yesterday Lily and I went to the store to pick up a few things and I decided to treat her to a new purse. She has been trying to carry mine around, but it is too heavy. She also had a little book that is shaped like a purse that she's been carrying around. I figured it was time to get her something a little cuter than that.

I love love love leopard print but I am not brave enough at all to carry something like this. Because of my lack of courage, Lily gets to have it. And she loves it!

1 comment:

  1. Those monkeys are adorable.

    It is so sad that you all got sick. Lily looks really cute though. I love snuggly babies.

    ReplyDelete