Monday, January 23, 2012

There are no words

I "met" Tripp Roth on Thursday, January 12th. His mama called him, "The strongest boy I'll ever know."

Tripp died on Saturday, January 14th. His mama called him, "Heaven's little drummer boy."

Last night Robbie asked, "You know what makes me sad?"

Me: "What?"

Robbie: "Reading about Tripp Roth. It makes me cry. She just put things so sweetly."

Me: "I know. Poor baby. (Sigh) Poor mama. I don't know how people survive that."

Robbie: "They just do. They just put one foot in front of the other and just keep living."

Me: (Sigh)

Robbie: "He had a little Elmo that he liked to hold in his hand. Lily loves Elmo."

Me: (Sigh)

This morning I read her latest update. Choked down tears. No. Words.

I tried to say my morning prayers after Robbie left for work.

"Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you that Lily is alive.

Thank you that Lily is healthy.

(minutes pass)

I pray for peace and comfort for Tripp's mama.

(minutes pass)

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

Going to go hug Lily really tight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment