Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Update on Running

So I finished the Couch to 5K Running Plan about 3 weeks ago. I decided I wasn't going to weigh myself until I completed it. That was my prize for finishing- weighing myself. I was nervous about it and pretty sure I hadn't lost any weight.

Boy was I wrong!

I lost 14 pounds! I am so happy. It feels good to be only 6 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Well, at least I was 6 pounds away 3 weeks ago.

I'm still Coke free. I haven't had any since January 2nd. It is easy now.

I haven't had a sandwich in about two months. In fact, I haven't even had a loaf of bread in the house for that long. I barely notice.

No sweets. I haven't had a frostie, or cookies, or brownies in months. It's ok. I've been thinking about making some healthy brownies or something after I am back at my pre-pregnancy weight, but every time I think about it, I think, "Nah." I just don't feel like it.

I saw some imitation Girl Scout Caramel Delights cookies in the grocery store the other day. While I got pretty excited that those exist, we didn't buy any. The thought to take them home didn't even cross my mind. Yes, I thought it was cool. No, I wasn't tempted. Yes, I thought it was kind of neat and weird that I wasn't even tempted. What's happened to me?

I wasn't perfect by any means. We celebrated at Gringo's for my birthday. We've had pizza quite a bit. We've eaten out at restaurants a few times. Mostly we eat at home. Mostly I cook something. And mostly I try to make sure I am making wise choices.

That's it. I mean, I say "it" but I've been working hard. And I am proud of myself. So.... I just wanted to share that. And later, I am going to go run 3 miles with my first ever running group. Go me!

Oh, and I am preparing for a 10K now. That will be in late October. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Name: BroadBase Media
    Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
    Subject: Working together.


    Message:
    Hi,

    We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com.

    Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.

    Thank you in advance

    Marc

    ReplyDelete